Saturday, January 18, 2014

Don Hutchinson Cycles

I went to visit Hutch over at Don Hutchinson Cycles today. If you don't know what they do there I suggest you stop by any Saturday after 12pm because that's when they open.
For me going there is like going home. He was the first person I contacted when I got my BSA and the shop I have learned the most from.
You walk into the past as you open the doors to a small foyer with about 4 Classic Triumph/BSA bikes for sale. The second room most people see is the front counter which is thru a door on the left, in there is about 5-6 more bikes for sale and almost 50 years of history. If you want a British bike done right you come here. Many more rooms about 8 in total hold more parts, accessories, bikes and possibilities than you could ever imagine. There's some semblance of an organizational system but most of that is in Hutch's head and everything else is in bins or piles. Just keep in mind when you go there to give yourself a few hours to be there because Hutch LOVES to talk, anything and everything. 
So the next time you're in Wakefield,MA go visit Hutch, Rick, Tony, Murph, and Tom and live British motorcycle history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment