Sunday, January 12, 2014

Parked Motorcycles

Welcome to the time of year where riders of any seasonal climate suffer from PMS or Parked Motorcycle Sydrome. What gets us through the colder seasons is a combination of youtube videos, previous season highlight reels and a little time in a below freezing garage trying to turn a wrench on a loose bolt.

Sounds a lot like a drug problem huh? Well for some of us it is. We eat, sleep, watch, breath, dream about our ever so short life on two wheels during the summer. But the cold hands and numb toes are all worth it for that first sweet ride in the Spring.

I was blessed with an awesome boyfriend who buys me among other things motorcycle parts for Christmas. My little Honda 250 will be acquiring a new set of frame sliders when the garage defrosts enough to get in to it because I am not one of the few in New England with a heated garage.

My other beautiful bike is a 1967 BSA B25 (Starfire) which for me is the bike that started it all. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself in to when she came in to my life about 2 years ago but I have loved moment with her and the journey (I will share with you another time) that brought me to where I am today. Thankfully the BSA or BEEZA is in a semi heated garage at my boyfriends place so working on her is not so hard on the hands but trying to decide what direction to take build is another story. If any of you have ideas please share, Im open for options...

In the mean time stay focused, spring will be here sooner than you think..



No comments:

Post a Comment