Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Brit Bikes

As you all may have figured out I Love British bikes. I also happen to love pretty much everything else that comes out of the UK. There's just something about the culture I love.
What I find most amazing about today's British bikes is that they are all a Phoenix of some kind. Triumph came out of the management failures of the early 1970's, Royal Enfield survived through India and Norton is just now beginning to come out of it's preverbial ashes.
I hope these remaining three continue on. There's something to be said about learning where these bikes came from and I'm honored to be around to see where they will go. 
Could Triumph enter the ranks of MotoGP factory teams? Is a new Norton Commando the next "must have" cafe racer? Will they ever make a better Royal Enfield (at least they don't catch fire anymore)? These are all things I'm excited to see and you should be excited too! 


3 comments:

  1. I really like the new Royal Enfields…..for a Retro bike …it keeps getting better with each update …[ Does anyone remember when they were called Royal Oilfield :-) because they leaked oil so much…I'm dating myself]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Triumphs and Nortons, give us that great British Vibe…. other motorcycle manufactures[ i.e. the Japanese ] have tried to copy….but they always come up short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note…. thats an old BSA jacket!

    ReplyDelete